WhatsApp has added many new features on its platform in the last few months. One of these new features is also that now you can mute any chat permanently.
Till now the app only gave users the option to mute a chat for 8 hours, a week, or a year. However, after the recent update, the 1st year option has been replaced with ‘Always’. Let’s know how a chat can be muted forever.
- The latest version of WhatsApp
- Working Internet connectivity
Follow these steps to mute any chat permanently:
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- Go to any chat window and tap on it
- Then tap on the three horizontal dots on the top right corner.
- From the drop menu, select the Mute option here.
- By clicking on it, you will see three options. These options will be 8 hours, 1 week, and always.
- To permanently mute any chat, you have to select Always.
If you want WhatsApp to show you the notifications of a chat in a silent manner on the notification panel, then you can also select the show-notification from this window. Users should also note that it is possible that a new feature has not yet come for your phone and will come soon.