Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman formally launched the facility for instant allotment of PAN through Aadhaar based e-KYC (on near to real-time basis). The Income Tax department tweeted that the process of applying for the instant PAN is very simple. You can go to the e-filing website of Income Tax Department for generating the PAN instantly.
A Permanent Account variety (PAN) is instantly issued to the applier in PDF format in only ten minutes. though the e-PAN card is pretty much as good as a physical copy, you’ll still get a laminated PAN card if you would like by ordering a reprint for
How to apply for immediate PAN card online:
1) Visit the income tax department’s e-filing portal and click on “Instant PAN through Aadhaar” section under “Quick Links” on the left side.
2) Click on “Get New PAN” on the new page.
3) Enter your Aadhaar number for allotment of new PAN card and the Captcha code to generate an OTP on your Aadhaar-linked mobile phone.
4) Validate OTP.
5) Validate Aadhaar details.
6) You will have an option to validate your email id as well for PAN card application.
7) The e-KYC data of that Aadhaar number is exchanged with the Unique Identification Authority of India(UIDAI) after which you will be allotted an instant e-PAN. The entire process is not supposed to take more than 10 minutes.
8) You can download your PAN in pdf format by submitting the Aadhaar number at “Check Status/ Download PAN“. You will also get the PAN in PDF format by your email, if your email-id is registered with Aadhaar database.
The entire method of making a replacement PAN card has currently been created free, straightforward and paperless. you are doing not even got to transfer any documents on the portal. Keep in mind that this facility is out there solely to those that haven’t been assigned PAN before, the transportable variety is coupled to the Aadhaar variety and therefore the full date of birth in DD-MM-YYY format is out there on the Aadhar card. except this, the power of instant e-PAN card isn’t obtainable to minors.