HodlX Guest Post Submit Your Post
Crypto markets have been volatile this week as investors digest regulatory endeavours from the US and the EU. Notably, the European Parliament voted against anonymous crypto transactions as an anti-money laundering effort, and the SEC released a recommendation for crypto exchanges to store information about the crypto asset holdings of their customers.
As for the performance of our various indexes, our DeFi index is up the most at 17%. Our smart contract index and our privacy index are up 10% and six percent each, respectively. Our metaverse index is up just one percent, and our Bitcoin index is the only one to have registered losses this weekt is down one percent.
- Smart contract platform index Solana (SOL) is up the most at 25%, and EOS (EOS) is up the least at one percent. Ethereum (ETH) is up six percent.
- DeFi index Aave (AAVE) is up the most at 42%, and Loopring (LRC) is the only coin to have registered losses it’s down 0.3%.
- Metaverse index Terra Virtua Kollect (TVK) is up the most at 18%, and Phantasma (SOUL) is down the most at 13%.
- Privacy index Secret (SCRT) is up the most at 19%, and Zcash (ZEC) is down the most at 10%.
- Bitcoin index his is down one percent.
What are in the four indices?
Here are the indices in more detail.
- Bitcoin: The OG of crypto markets deserves its own category and is in many ways the true benchmark for any other crypto market.
- Smart contract platforms Cardano (ADA), Avalanche (AVAX), Solana (SOL), Fantom (FTM), VeChain (VET), Terra (LUNA), EOS (EOS) and Chainlink (LINK). We also include Polkadot (DOT), which allows interoperability between blockchains and the use of smart contracts via parachains. fter Bitcoin, the big innovation was to have blockchains that were more programmable. These could host smart contracts or decentralized applications and have allowed the emergence of the metaverse and DeFi. Ethereum (ETH) is the most popular version of a smart contract platform. As well as Ethereum, we also include some key competitors. The constituents of this index are Ethereum (ETH),
- Metaverse Axie Infinity (AXS), The Sandbox (SAND), Decentraland (MANA), Enjin Coin (ENJ), Aavegotchi (GHST), Terra Virtua Kolect (TVK), Ultra (UOS), Phantasma (SOUL), RedFOX Labs (RFOX) and Gala (GALA). oins associated with the creation of a virtual space/digital world on the internet using a combination of augmented reality, virtual reality and social networks. The constituents of this index are
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Compound (COMP), Uniswap (UNI), Yearn.finance (YFI), Loopring (LRC), PancakeSwap (CAKE), Maker (MKR), 1inch (1INCH), Thorchain (RUNE) and Terra (LUNA). inancial services built on top of blockchain networks with no central intermediaries. This can be a broad category, so we narrow this down to platforms that focus on lending/borrowing, yield farming, automated market making and decentralized exchange tokens. The constituents of this index are Aave (AAVE),
- Privacy coins Monero (XMR), Zcash (SEC), Dash (DASH), Verge (XVG), Horizen (ZEN), Beam (BEAM), Secret (SCRT), Decred (DCR), Keep Network (KEEP) and Dusk Network (DUSK). oins that obscure transactions on the blockchain to maintain the anonymity of its users and their activity. The constituents of this index are
The commentary contained in the above article does not constitute an offer or a solicitation, or a recommendation to implement or liquidate an investment or to carry out any other transaction. It should not be used as a basis for any investment decision or other decision. Any investment decision should be based on appropriate professional advice specific to your needs.
Bilal Hafeez is the CEO and editor of Macro Hive. He spent over twenty years doing research at big banks – JPMorgan, Deutsche Bank and Nomura where he had various ‘global head’ roles and did FX, rates and cross-markets research.